Home / Training & Assessment / Forest Machinery / Agri-Based Forwarder
Who is this for?
A course for operators of tractor and trailer / crane based forwarders. The crane may be trailer, tractor or 3 point linkage mounted. The Participants will have had experience with similar machines.
This course will include working in a forest and/or woodland environment; it is physical in nature and can include carrying and lifting of produce.
Participants will have to work with machinery so some experience in operator maintenance of powered machinery will be an advantage.
1 days Training followed by a 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed on a mwmac site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
None, however experience on the machinery is always helpful
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Forest Machine Operations – Base Machine
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Forest Machine Operations – Forwarder
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand the conditions necessary for the effective use of the agri-forwarder, including relevant legislation and risk management.
- Know the machine components, their functions and their controls.
- Demonstrate an ability to drive the machine correctly, empty and loaded.
- Demonstrate an effective operation of the crane controls.
- Demonstrate correct work planning for forwarder operations including controls to prevent environmental damage & pollution.
- Understand the operator maintenance procedures for the machine.
- Understand the operator’s daily and periodic inspection routine for the crane under ‘LOLER’
- Recognize when terrain limitations and conditions that may require the use of traction aids.
- Describe the procedure for crossing drains or ditches.
- Demonstrate safe and effective loading and unloading / stacking procedures for a range of timber lengths and diameters.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Agri-Based Forwarder
For course dates please visit our Events Page