Home / Training & Assessment / Arboriculture / Arboricultural Ground Worker
Arboricultural Ground Worker
Who is this for?
This course is for those who support those undertaking aerial tree works. This course is designed for the “groundsman” or the person on the ground who will be assisting the aerial operator carry out their work.
1 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Arboricultural Ground Worker
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Hazards, risks, controls, emergency planning
- Legislation, industry good practice, roles and responsibilities
- Site zoning; work zone, drop zone, exclusion zone, etc.
- Understanding the importance of providing Ground Based support to Aerial Operators
- Understanding and Undertaking Ground worker tasks, such as preparation of equipment (fueling etc), setting up ladders, passing equipment to and retrieving equipment from an aerial operator within the drop zone, setting up and using of ground based lowering devices, removing arisings from the drop zone and disposal of waste.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Arboricultural Ground Worker
For course dates please visit our Events Page