Home / Training & Assessment / Arboriculture / Chainsaw from a MEWP
Chainsaw from a MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform)
Who is this for?
This course is for operators, who are already qualified in chainsaw use and using MEWPs, who are required to undertake chainsaw works, at height, with the assistance of a MEWP.
Learners must not be suffering from vertigo or similar conditions or on medication that could affect their safety whilst at height.
1 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed on a mwmac site locally to Builth Wells or Llandrindod Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting | Felling & Processing Small Trees up to 380mm | Safe Use of Mobile Elevated Work Platform or IPAF (in date)
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP)
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To be able to review of current legislation and risk assessment
- To undertake MEWP inspection and setup
- To explain and undertake Emergency Procedures
- To be able to operate MEWP according to industry best practice
- To carry out Chainsaw inspection and pre/post safety/operational checks
- To undertake free fall and hand held cuts to required specification
- To demonstrate effective use of pull ropes
- To carry out post use inspection of MEWP
- To leave site in a tidy manner
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Chainsaw from a MEWP
For course dates please visit our Events Page