Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting
Who is this for?
This course is for new and non-qualified chainsaw operators. This is a hands-on course that delivers both practical skills and health and safety guidance as well as demonstrating that you and your employer have completed sufficient training to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
This course is for those who are likely to be cutting timber that is already on the ground, but not felling.
2 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To understand the regulations & safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws and industry good practice.
- To understand how to and to be able to prepare and maintain the chainsaw and cutting system for use.
- To be able to carry out operational chainsaw checks
- To crosscut timber to specified standards of accuracy using safe efficient techniques.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading
- To remove branches from felled trees, using a chainsaw (sned), to specified standards of safety & quality.
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting
For course dates please visit our Events Page