Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Dealing with Interwoven Stems & Part Blown Trees
Dealing with Interwoven Stems & Part Blown Trees
Who is this for?
This course is for experienced chainsaw operators who are required to tackle multiple windblown trees which may be interwoven, snapped and/or part blown (such as a clearfell/windblown site). This course will utilise winches for restraint.
2 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at our site near the central Welsh Borders
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting | Felling Small Trees up to 380mm | Felling Medium Trees over 380mm
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Dealing with Interwoven Stems and Part Blown Trees
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand background, Risk Assessment, HSE Guidance and Environmental Protection
- Sever blown stems under and over guidebar diameter
- Restraint of rootplates or stems with side tension (inc. SWL’s, PUWER & LOLER)
- Deal with half blown trees
- Deal with snapped trees and felling standing stems
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Dealing with Interwoven Stems & Part Blown Trees
For course dates please visit our Events Page