WHAT TIME DOES MY COURSE OR ASSESSMENT START AND FINISH?
- Arrival time is 9.00am for all training courses and assessment events, unless otherwise specified on your Joining Details or Assessment Reminder email and text..
- Training on Day 1 of all courses will start at 9.30am, to allow for late comers. If you have more than one day for your course, your instructor will advise you of the start time for the remainder of the course.
- Training and Assessment will normally end at approx 4.30pm depending on your progression during the day; please be aware, however, that this is subject to change and may be earlier or later at times.
I COMPLETED MY COURSE THROUGH ANOTHER CENTRE, BUT MY ASSESSMENT WAS REGISTERED BY MWMAC LTD, WHERE IS MY CERTIFICATE?
- If you have completed a course with an “Out Centre”, who registers their Assessments through mwmac Ltd, and haven’t yet received your ID Card or Certificate the first thing you need to do is contact the Centre you completed your course through.
- We send all ID Cards and Certificates direct to the Out Centres who are expected to distribute them to their own candidates.
- If the Centre has not received your ID Card or Certificate, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
I COMPLETED MY COURSE THROUGH MWMAC LTD, WHERE IS MY CERTIFICATE?
- If you have completed your course through mwmac Ltd, and undertook a City & Guilds NPTC Assessment, please allow 25 working days (5 weeks) for your Certificate to arrive.
- If you have completed your course through mwmac Ltd, and it was registered with Lantra, please allow 10 working days (2 weeks) for your Certificate to arrive.
- Your Training Certificate and/or Qualification Certificate(s) will be emailed to you, or your employer, depending on who booked you on to the course. The original copies will only be posted to the attendee themselves, via 1st class post on the same day.
- If you have not received your ID Card or Certificate, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TRAINING COURSE AND A QUALIFICATION?
- A training course is where you come along and learn, by practical means, the skill you have been booked for.
- A qualification is normally an “assessment”; this will be a formal event, following ofqual guidelines. Successful completion of this event will result in a Qualification certificate.
CAN YOU COME TO ME TO DO MY TRAINING OR ASSESSMENT?
- We would always be happy to consider running a course or assessment at your venue, if you have enough attendees, and have a venue suitable for the required tasks.
- A pre-event visit may be required depending on the nature of the course.
- Please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements, and we will see what we can do.
CAN I GO STRAIGHT FOR ASSESSMENT AND NOT TRAIN?
- All candidates are entitled to go straight to Assessment and bypass the formal training; this may be because you have been trained in-house at work or because you feel you have used the machinery for enough time.
- We always recommend that those wishing to go straight for assessment should thoroughly read the Qualification Guidance to decide if they are up to the required standard.
- For candidates who fail their assessment without attending a mwmac training course beforehand, we would expect them to attend a formal course for additional training prior to attempting a re-assessment.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CERTIFICATES?
- For information on the different types of Certificates, please click here
I’VE LOST MY CERTIFICATES, WHAT CAN I DO?
- If you have lost your Certificates, please get in touch with us. As per our GDPR Policy, we retain your Certification securely, as a digital pdf copy, for the duration of the award received.
HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE TO START TRAINING IN THE LANDBASED SECTOR
- For most qualifications you need to be a minimum of 16 years old.
- For Utility Arb qualifications you need to be a minimum of 18 years old.