Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Individual Windblown Trees
Individual Windblown Trees
Who is this for?
This course is for experienced chainsaw operators who are required to tackle individual wind blown trees, such as trees that have fallen during a storm.
2 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at our site near the central Welsh Borders
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Individual Windblown Trees
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To understand the Legislation, Regulations, & Industry Good Practice related to the
use of chainsaws and winches, relevant to individual windblown trees.
- To understand and practice Risk Assessment and Environmental Protection on site,
relevant to individual windblown trees.
- To understand and demonstrate the safety considerations when dealing with
individual windblown trees when severing root-plates.
- To understand and demonstrate the use of use of winches to restrain Individual
Windblown trees, including offset winching.
- To sever root-plates both under and over, safely and accurately, with and without
- To de-tension winch, ensure root-plate & tree safe for snedding or dismantling,
with further use of winch to restrain tree as necessary
- To remove branches and crosscut stems, to specified standards of accuracy using
safe efficient techniques, presenting produce for subsequent extraction or loading.
- To inspect and stow winch & ancillary equipment for further use.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Individual Windblown Trees
For course dates please visit our Events Page