Home / Training & Assessment / Vehicles & Plant Machinery / Lantra General Winching
Lantra General Winching Theory and Practice
Who is this for?
This Lantra course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to operate a winch safely, protecting both you and those around you.
1 days Training
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course: Lantra General Winching Theory & Practice
Lantra Certificate of Training
- Recognise a range of tasks for which winches can be used
- Identify the health and safety requirements for winch operation and be able to carry out a risk assessment – including emergency procedures
- Understand the legislative requirements of winching operations
- Recognise the diﬀerent types of winches and their inspection, maintenance and potential uses
- Recognise and understand safe working practices for winching
- Understand working signals and be able to control an operation
- Be aware of a range of diﬀerent winch cables, ropes and accessories and their inspection, maintenance and uses
- Understand load rating terminology and how diﬀerent conﬁgurations can aﬀect the ratings
- Recognise when to remove equipment from service
- Plan and set up basic winching systems for a range of winches
- Recognise the safety zones/procedures for diﬀerent winching operations
- Understand the basics of mechanical advantage (use of pulleys) and how this can be used to facilitate a winching operation
- Understand how diﬀerent factors can aﬀect the winching operation
- Demonstrate diﬀerent winching operations: straight line; oﬀset and double-line pulls applicable to the type of winch being used
- Understand how to conclude the operation and make the site safe.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra General Winching Theory and Practice
For course dates please visit our Events Page