Home / Training & Assessment / Health & Safety / Lantra H&S : Agriculture & Horticulture
Lantra Health & Safety : Agriculture and Horticulture
Who is this for?
The sector sees some of the highest numbers of accidents in the UK which can lead to serious and fatal injuries. Both children and adults are likely to be at risk in this sector and it’s critical that we all use good health and safety practices.
This is a theory and practical based one-day course; this course will provide you with a comprehensive oversight of health and safety in agriculture and horticulture.
1 days Training
max. 12 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course: Lantra Health & Safety in Agriculture & Horticulture
Lantra Certificate of Training
- Know the risks involved in working in Agriculture & Horticulture
- Know which tasks to complete, or which may be completed, where they are most at risk
- Know the health and safety regulatory framework which applies when working A&H
- Understand the impact of the HSE on working in A&H
- Know safe working practices for working at height
- Be able to identify, assess and mitigate hazards and risks when working at height
- Identify common causes of accidents and ill-health
- Understand how accidents and ill-health might impact their life
- Understand how to use ladders safely
- Understand how to assess a ladder before and during use
- Know basic safety principles when using MEWPs
- Know the danger presented by overhead powerlines
- Understand how to plan to work near overhead power lines
- Understand basic safety principles when using workplace transport
- Know the various kinds of PPE
- Understand when and how to use and maintain PPE
- Know risks to children and members of the public
- Understand how to reduce risks on open farms
- Know basic principles of chainsaw safety
- Know chainsaw safety features
- Understand the importance of health and safety communication
- Understand how to assess and make lifts safely
- Know basic principles of fire prevention and fire fighting in the workplace
- Know the meaning of key health and safety signage in the workplace and respond accordingly
- Know the risks posed by vibration and noise
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra Health & Safety : Agriculture and Horticulture
For course dates please visit our Events Page