Home / Training & Assessment / Health & Safety / Lantra H&S : Tree Work
Lantra Health & Safety : Tree Work
Who is this for?
This Lantra course is designed for those starting out within the trees and timber industry; attendees will learn about the specific needs relating to Health and Safety in your sector and look at a variety of scenarios you may encounter in your workplace.
This Lantra course has been developed in line with the Forestry Commission policy and information provided by the Forestry Industry Safety Accord (FISA).
1 days Training
max. 12 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course: Lantra Health & Safety in Tree Work
Lantra Certificate of Training
- An introduction to working safely in tree work
- Health and safety regulatory frameworks
- Risk management
- Causes and consequences of accidents and ill health in tree work
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Chainsaws in tree work
- Working at height in tree work
- Overhead power lines in tree work
- Workplace transport safety
- Vibration and noise
- Manual handling operations
- Lyme and Weil’s diseases
- Lone working
- Fire safety
- Health and safety communication
- Creating an actino plan for your workplace.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra Health & Safety : Tree Work
For course dates please visit our Events Page