Home / Training & Assessment / Landscape & Amenity / Lantra Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
Lantra Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
Who is this for?
Becoming proficient in operating cable avoidance equipment to locate underground service apparatus is an essential and valued operator’s skill for any ground, excavation or Street Works project.
This Lantra course will enhance your knowledge, understanding and skills to be able to be able to safely locate and avoid underground utilities apparatus and highway services.
1 days Training
max. 10 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course: Lantra Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
Lantra Certificate of Training
- Understand and follow safe working practices
- Identify utilities apparatus and highways services encountered during excavation
- Understand and interpret information and plans showing the location of underground apparatus
- Identify the hazards and risks associated with underground utilities apparatus and highways services
- Understand the advantages and limitations of pipe and cable location equipment
- Prepare the pipe and cable location equipment for use
- Safely operate pipe and cable location equipment using the appropriate functions and accessories
- Demonstrate how to mark the location of utilities apparatus and highways services identified when using pipe and cable location equipment in conjunction with information and plans
- Shut down and store pipe and cable location equipment.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
For course dates please visit our Events Page