Home / Training & Assessment / Pest Control / Lantra Rodent Control on Farms
Lantra Rodent Control on Farms
Who is this for?
Rodent control is a key job in many agricultural businesses; but ensuring the management of rat and mouse problems is both humane and effective requires specific training.
This comprehensive Lantra course is ideal for anyone undertaking pest control in land-based or related industries. It’s designed for both novice and more experienced operators.
1 days Training
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course: Lantra Rodent Control on Farms
Lantra Certificate of Training
- Understand your responsibilities under the law and help you become a safe and competent biocide user
- Interpret and use product label information
- Store and transport biocides safely
- Dispose of biocides and containers safely
- Record information correctly
- Identify rats and mice and the typical symptoms of damage caused
- Identify non-target species
- Identify the degree and source of an infestation
- State the legislative obligations and responsibilities relevant to the control of rats and mice
- Describe the lifestyle, habits and habitats of rats and mice
- Plan, implement and monitor an effective control programme for rats and mice
- Select and carry out the most appropriate methods of rat and mouse control, in line with current legal guidelines and recognised good practice
- Understand the effect rodent control can have on the environment and ensure risks to non-target animals are minimised.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra Rodent Control on Farms
For course dates please visit our Events Page