Home / Training & Assessment / Arboriculture / Lantra LOLER
Lantra Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Equipment (LOLER)
Who is this course for:
This Lantra course will give you the knowledge, skills, and understanding required to work in this specialist field.
Attendees will typically come from an arboricultural contracting background, or work in an associated role. A comprehensive knowledge of modern arboricultural practice, particularly relating to tree climbing and rigging techniques and the associated equipment, is a must-have to qualify for this course.
3 days Training followed by an optional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment (for those who wish to provide LOLER inspections to others)
max. 8 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
None, however experience of using/handling arb equipment is essential.
Lantra Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Lifting Equipment (training only)
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Equipment
Lantra Certificate of Training
City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Be aware of legislation pertaining to examination of arboricultural equipment
- Understand definition and status of a competent person
- Be aware of range of personal protective equipment (PPE) and other equipment appropriate to working at height in arboricultural operations
- Understand the requirements for operator pre-use checks, inspection, record keeping, storage and transport of equipment
- Identify different categories of equipment and their appropriate examination intervals
- Recognise appropriate marking of equipment to identify individual items
- Correctly identify levels of wear and damage in a range of arboricultural equipment
- Demonstrate ability to record findings of the thorough examination using the appropriate forms
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Lantra Thorough Examination of Arboricultural Lifting Equipment (LOLER)
For course dates please visit our Events Page