Home / Training & Assessment / Landscape & Amenity / Manually Fed Woodchipper
Manually Fed Woodchipper
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone required to use a manually fed woodchipper as part of their work or for personal use. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating.
This course can also include the Leafblower & Vacuum qualification as an “add on” for a small additional fee; please ask when booking.
1 days training with an integrated City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course / 6 per course if experienced
This is normally started at our site locally to Builth Wells, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Manually Fed Wood-chipper
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand the relevant legislation and safety guidelines for using a woodchipper.
- Select the appropriate PPE and state its maintenance requirements.
- Carry out operator checks and routine operator maintenance, including the cutting mechanism & safety features of a woodchipper.
- Produce a site specific risk assessment for wood chipping operations.
- Position machine for operation, start the machine, carry out safety checks and stop machine.
- Prepare a work area and a range of materials for chipping and identify hazardous materials to avoid.
- Use safe and effective methods to chip woody brash and both short and long sections of timber.
- Understand the procedure for removing blockages.
- Know the safety and environmental factors associated with the disposal of woodchips and a range of end uses for woodchips.
- Clean & tidy site to specification and prepare machine for transport and storage.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Manually Fed Woodchipper
For course dates please visit our Events Page