Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Felling & Processing Medium Trees over 380mm and up to 760mm
Felling & Processing Medium Trees over 380mm and up to 760mm
Who is this for?
This course is for experienced chainsaw operators who are required to fell and process trees of a diameter over 380mm but under 760mm.
3 days training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at our site locally to Llanidloes, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting | Felling & Processing Small Trees up to 380mm
City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Felling and Processing Medium Trees over 380mm and up to 760mm
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To understand the regulations, legislation & safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws and industry good practice.
- To understand and practice Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Tree Felling Legislation and Environmental Protection
- To fell, safely and accurately, trees over 380mm diameter; upright, backward and forward weighted trees.
- Snedding or de-limbing techniques for larger trees, to specified standard of safety and quality.
- To use appropriate aid tools & techniques for take down of hung-up trees; what not to do and the use of winches.
- To crosscut stems over guidebar diameter by use of reducing cus or by cutting from both sides, to specified standards of accuracy using safe efficient techniques.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading.
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Felling & Processing Medium Trees over 380mm and up to 760mm
For course dates please visit our Events Page