Home / Training & Assessment / Pesticides / Principles & Application of Pesticides using Handheld Applicators A&AW
Principles & Application of Pesticides using Handheld Applicators – A & AW
Who is this for?
This is a combined course, covering both the theory and the practical application, using handheld applicators. This course is aimed at anyone using professional pesticide products in industries like agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations (2012) to take this qualification.
This course includes A (Application) and AW (Application on or near water) as standard.
Other application options, for an additional fee, are: G – Pesticides Pellets or Granules | GW – Application of Pellets or Granules on or Near Water | PP – Stump Plugs | INJ – Stem Injection | MC – Minimal Calibration Applicators
3 days Training, including a 1 hour City & Guilds NPTC computerised Assessment (PA1), with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Practical Assessment (PA6).
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand operators’ responsibilities under current legislation controlling use of pesticides.
- Read & Interpret a product label and literature
- Understand PPE required, its suitability & personal hygiene
- Understand the operator’s responsibilities with regard to pesticide container storage & disposal
- Be aware of personal contamination procedures
- Be aware of accurate record keeping & how to keep accurate application records
- Be aware of environmental and wildlife factors when using a pesticide
- Have knowledge to prepare site for applying pesticides
- Understand the basic components of a knapsack sprayer and select appropriate nozzle
- Calibrate applicator and carry out procedures for measuring, measuring, mixing & filling applicator.
- Know how to maintain, clean and store applicators
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Principles & Application of Pesticides using Handheld Applicators – A & AW
For course dates please visit our Events Page