Home / Training & Assessment / Pesticides / Principles & Application of Pesticides using Vehicle Mounted Sprayers
Principles & Application of Pesticides using Vehicle Mounted Sprayers
Who is this for?
This is a combined course, covering both the theory and the practical application, using vehicle mounted sprayers. This course is aimed at anyone using professional pesticide products in industries like agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations (2012) to take this qualification.
Application options are: A – Mounted, Trailed and Self-Propelled Hydraulic Nozzle or Rotary Atomiser Horizontal Boom Sprayers | C – Mounted, Trailed and Self-Propelled Air/Fluid Nozzle Horizontal Boom Sprayers | E – Mounted, Trailed and Self-Propelled Downward Air Assisted Horizontal Boom Sprayers | F – Mounted or Trailed Wick Type | AR – Vehicle Mounted Kerb Sprayers
2 days Training, including a 1 hour City & Guilds NPTC computerised Assessment (PA1), with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Practical Assessment (PA2).
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at your site using your machinery (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Self Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand operators’ responsibilities under current legislation controlling use of pesticides.
- Read & Interpret a product label and literature
- Understand PPE required, its suitability & personal hygiene
- Understand the operator’s responsibilities with regard to pesticide container storage & disposal
- Be aware of personal contamination procedures
- Be aware of accurate record keeping & how to keep accurate application records
- Be aware of environmental and wildlife factors when using a pesticide
- Have knowledge to prepare site for applying pesticides using a weedwiper
- Understand the basic components of the applicator
- Calibrate applicator and carry out procedures for measuring, measuring, mixing & filling applicator.
- Know how to maintain, clean and store applicators
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Principles & Application of Pesticides using Vehicle Mounted Sprayers
For course dates please visit our Events Page