Home / Training & Assessment / Pesticides / Principles of Safe Handling & Application of Pesticides
Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
Who is this for?
This course is for those who need to develop their knowledge of health and safety legislation for Pesticides and Pesticides application; but not necessarily directly apply pesticides themselves.
1 days Training followed by a 1 hour City & Guilds NPTC computerised Assessment.
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand operators’ responsibilities under current legislation controlling use of pesticides.
- Read & Interpret a product label and literature
- Understand PPE required, its suitability & personal hygiene
- Understand the operators responsibilities with regard to pesticide container storage & disposal
- Be aware of personal contamination procedures
- Be aware of accurate record keeping & how to keep accurate application records
- Be aware of environmental and wildlife factors when using a pesticide
- Have knowledge to prepare a site for applying pesticides
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
For course dates please visit our Events Page