Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Felling & Processing Small Trees up to 380mm
Felling & Processing Small Trees up to 380mm
Who is this course for?
This course is for operators who are able to use a chainsaw for crosscutting, but are now required to progress on to felling and processing trees of a small diameter (up to 380mm).
3 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed as a site near Llandrindod Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-vourse visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To understand the regulations & safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws and industry good practice.
- To fell, safely and accurately, trees up to guide bar length in diameter (380mm).
- To remove branches from felled trees, using a chainsaw (sned), to specified standards of safety & quality.
- To use appropriate aid tools & techniques for take down of lodged trees and for directional felling.
- To crosscut timber to specified standards of accuracy using safe efficient techniques.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Felling & Processing Small Trees under 380mm
For course dates please visit our Events Page