Home / Training & Assessment / Landscape & Amenity / Stumpgrinder
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone required to use a stumpgrinder as part of their work or for personal use. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating.
This course can also include the Leafblower & Vacuum qualification as an “add on” for a small additional fee; please ask when booking.
1 days training with an integrated City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course / 6 per course if experienced
This is normally started at our site locally to Builth Wells, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Stump Grinders
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Is aware of the safety legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to stump-grinding machinery.
- Is able to identify hazards and implement control measures prior to starting work, and as work proceeds, including identifying presence of underground services.
- Understands the differences in operating technique between tractor mounted (PTO driven) Stumpgrinders, and those with integral petrol/diesel engines.
- Is aware of the PPE appropriate to stumpgrinder operations.
- Is aware of the need for routine inspection of the machine and is able to carry out pre-use checks and operator preparation and maintenance, including identification of defects on cutters.
- Is able to start the machine, establish safe working positions on site and carry out operational safety checks and stop machine, prior to operation.
- Prepares work area and a range of tree stumps for stumpgrinding.
- Recognises and uses approved techniques for safe and efficient tree stump removal using stump grinder, including the procedure for removing blockages.
- Cleans and prepares machine for transport and storage.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Stumpgrinder
For course dates please visit our Events Page