Home / Training & Assessment / Agriculture / Tractor Mounted Cutting Equipment
Tractor Mounted Cutting Equipment (Hedge & Verge)
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for both new and experienced users of tractor mounted cutting equipment. You’ll either be an experienced tractor driver or have attended a tractor driving course.
1 days Training with a non-independent City & Guilds NPTC Assessment included
max. 3 per course
This is normally completed at your site using your machinery (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Safe Use of Tractor Mounted Hedge and Verge Cutters
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on safe practice
- select the appropriate personal protective equipment and machine guarding
- identify and understand the controls and components of the equipment
- carry out pre-start and daily checks and maintenance as indicated in the manufacturer’s instruction manual
- identify the risks associated with the use of flail cutters
- safely start, stop and check all mechanisms for the tractor and cutters
- operate the machine in a safe and competent manner
- drive and operate the hydraulic controls to achieve an accurate cut
- understand the stability factors associated with the use of side mounted equipment
- put in place any signs or warnings to achieve a safe working environment (if required)
- understand the added dangers of operating on the highway and in public areas
- carry out after-use checks and maintenance
- appropriately dispose of waste materials.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Tractor Mounted Cutting Equipment (Hedge & Verge)
For course dates please visit our Events Page