Home / Training & Assessment / Arboriculture / Use of Chainsaw from Rope & Harness
Use of Chainsaw from a Rope & Harness
Who is this for?
This course is intended for those who are already experienced in climbing trees and using work positioning systems. This course is for those wishing to progress in the arboricultural sector, to using a chainsaw from a rope and harness, and learn safe and effective free-fall techniques.
Learners must be physically fit and not suffering from vertigo or similar conditions or on medication that could affect their safety.
2 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at a mwmac site near Builth Wells or Llandrindod Wells, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting | Felling Small Trees up to 380mm | Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Are aware of the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to tree climbing and use of chainsaw from a rope and harness.
- Are aware of the safety considerations to be observed in organising the work site. Is aware of the range of PPE appropriate to the Work Positioning System.
- Is able to use appropriate techniques for movement within the crown and to establish secure and comfortable work positions.
- Understands the importance of, and is able to apply, correct final pruning positions, the 1-2-3 method of branch removal and the appropriate use of step and sink cuts.
- Is able to use top-handled and rear handled chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner to remove light and medium-weight branches.
- Recognises and is able to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a competent grounds man.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Use of Chainsaw from a Rope & Harness
For course dates please visit our Events Page