Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Basic Chainsaw
Chainsaw Maintenance, Crosscutting & Felling Small Trees up to 380m
Also known as “Basic Chainsaw”
Who is this for?
This course is for new and non-qualified chainsaw operators. This is a hands-on course that delivers both practical skills and health and safety guidance as well as demonstrating that you and your employer have completed sufficient training to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
This course is for those who are likely to be cutting timber that is already on the ground and are also required to fell and process trees of a small diameter (up to 380mm).
5 days Training followed by a 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally started at our site locally to Builth Wells, with the felling elements completed at a site near Llandrindod Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- To understand the regulations & safety requirements related to the use of chainsaws and industry good practice.
- To understand how to and to be able to prepare and maintain the chainsaw and cutting system for use.
- To be able to carry out operational chainsaw checks
- To crosscut timber to specified standards of accuracy using safe efficient techniques.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading
- To fell, safely and accurately, trees up to guide bar length in diameter (380mm).
- To remove branches from felled trees, using a chainsaw (sned), to specified standards of safety & quality.
- To use appropriate aid tools & techniques for take down of lodged trees and for directional felling.
- To present produce as specified for subsequent extraction or loading.
- To be able to work safely.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Chainsaw Maintenance, Crosscutting & Felling Small Trees up to 380mm
For course dates please visit our Events Page