Home / Training & Assessment / Utility Arboriculture / UA Basic Electrical Knowledge
Utility Arboriculture – Basic Electrical Knowledge
Who is this for?
This course is the starting point for all those undertaking vegetation management and tree works in proximity to overhead powerlines. This course will provide you with the foundational knowledge required for a career in the Utility Arb sector.
*You must be over 18 to attend this course, due to the constraints of the awarding body.
2 days Training with an additional 1 day City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate of Competence in Utility Arboriculture Basic Electrical Knowledge
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Risk assessment, hazards, risks, controls, emergency planning and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Risk Zones – Proximity zones, vicinity zones, live zones
- Equipment, designated work area and factors to consider when carrying out ground-based operations
- Tree types and condition
- Using ladders and ropes
- Emergencies in the workplace and rescuing a person
- Permit to Work (PTW)/ Permit for Work (PFW)
- Safety document and safety points
- Ground clearances, trees electrical categories, dangers working in live zones
- Overhead line components
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Utility Arboriculture – Basic Electrical Knowledge
For course dates please visit our Events Page