Home / Training & Assessment / Tree Health / Tree Planting & Establishing Woodlands
Tree Planting & Establishing Woodlands
Who is this for?
An initial course for employees, contractors and volunteers inexperienced in the handling and planting of forest trees.
This event will include working in a woodland and/or forest environment. The ground conditions might therefore be difficult and some lifting and carrying is involved. There may be a need to wear PPE and handle trees treated with Pesticides.
1 days Training
max. 6 per course
This is normally completed at mwmac Ltd, near Builth Wells, Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
This is a training only course
mwmac Ltd Certificate of Training
- Understands the aims and objectives of planting a woodland and/or forest site
- Understands the correct safe practices to be adopted on a forest site including using the correct personal protective equipment required when handling and planting treated plants
- Demonstrates good plant handling and storage procedures
- Selects and maintains the correct planting equipment
- Selects a suitable planting position and demonstrates an appropriate method of planting
- Disposes of contaminated waste correctly
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Tree Planting & Establishing Woodlands
For course dates please visit our Events Page