Home / Training & Assessment / Landscape & Amenity / Handheld Hedge Cutter
Handheld Hedge Cutter
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anyone required to use a handheld hedge cutter or hedge trimmer as part of their work or for personal use. This would include novices and experienced operators who require their skills up-dating.
This course can also include the Leafblower & Vacuum qualification as an “add on” for a small additional fee; please ask when booking.
1 days training with an non-independent City & Guilds NPTC Assessment
max. 4 per course
This is normally started at our site locally to Builth Wells, in Powys.
If you have enough people for a full course we are able to run this course on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of Hand-held Hedge Cutters
mwmac Training Certificate & City & Guilds NPTC Qualification Certificate
- Understand a range of hedge types and growth habits
- Know the health and safety legislation that underpins hand held hedge trimmer operations
- Select the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for hand held hedge trimmer operations
- Know the key safety features of the equipment being used & other types of hedge trimmer
- Carry out operator checks, maintenance and preparation of the hedge trimmer
- Prepare work area and carry out a risk assessment
- Carry out safe and effective operation of a hedge trimmer
- Complete job to a given specification and clear arisings, following environmental good practice
- Clean, store and transport equipment safely and appropriately
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Handheld Hedge Cutters
For course dates please visit our Events Page