Home / Training & Assessment / Chainsaw / Chainsaw Maintenance & Operations Occasional User
Chainsaw Maintenance & Operations – Occasional User
Who is this course for?
A course for those using a chainsaw on their own land, who would like to learn more about the functionality and health & safety aspects of the machine.
NB – if you are using a chainsaw in a professional capacity it is recommended that you complete the Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting course instead.
2 days Lantra Training
max. 4 per course
This is normally completed at our site locally to Builth Wells.
If you have enough people for a full course, we are able to run this on your site (subject to a pre-course visit).
Lantra Chainsaw Maintenance, Crosscutting and Basic Felling up to 200mm
- Identify the necessary personal protective equipment required, report on its condition and locate the various standard marks
- Identify required safety and health features on a chainsaw
- Prepare the chainsaw for use with the correct fuel/oil mix and chain lubrication
- Start the chainsaw from both cold and hot in a safe manner
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the chainsaw fails these tests
- State the possible hazards/risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required
- Identify faults and defects on a chainsaw and cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which require a service engineer’s attention
- Select and identify correct tools to enable maintenance to be carried out and report on their serviceability
- Carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the Lantra Awards workbook
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths
- Assess and explain the terms ‘tension’ and ‘compression’ in timber
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner.
Course Information Sheet:
Course Information Sheet – Chainsaw Occasional User
For course dates please visit our Events Page